I never buy any frozen prawns before because I believe it is not as fresh as those selling in the market. But then I was wrong. I bought this frozen prawns from my ex-colleagues during CNY and I just took out and cooked half of it yesterday. The prawns is still very fresh and all the prawn head are still intact when I stir fried it in hot oil.
Dearie Suki only like 2 ways of cooking the prawn. It is either Marmite Prawn or Buttered Prawn. So I go for Buttered Prawn.
500gm fresh water prawns
1 tbsp corn flour
3 tbsp butter
1/2 can evaporated milk
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 tsp chopped chilli padi
1 tsp sugar
1. Coat the prawns with cornflour.In a pan of hot oil, stir fried the prawns till it turned orange colour. Dish up and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan. Pour in the evaporated milk.
3. Stir fry at low heat till it dry up and formed granules.
4. Then add in sugar,curry leaves and chilli padi and fry till fragrant.
5. Add in prawns and mixed well.