I was searching for the recipe how to make Acar Timun. Both my good friends came for dinner during one of the weekend and I cooked Nasi Briyani for both of them. To go with the rice, I cooked Ayam Masak Merah and Acar Timun. Will post up soon for the whole recipe.Found the recipe HERE from one of the Malay lady who resides in Japan. The translated recipe are as follow. Oh, I am quite bad in translating!
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 big onion
3 tbsp vinegar
Salt and sugar to taste
1 cup water
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1 tbsp chili paste
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1. Cut big onion into 4 and sliced it.
2. Cut cucumber and carrot into thin strips, about 2 inches strips. Soak in salt water.
3. Heat some oil in pan. Sautee garlic till fragant.
4. Add in turmeric powder and chilli paste. Fry till fragrant.
5. Add in water and vinegar. Let it boil.
6. Add in cucumber, carrot, big onion, mustard seed. Mix well for about 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt and sugar. Dish up and serve with Nasi Beriyani or Nasi Tomato.